Reliance On Information Posted & Disclaimer
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by Dutch law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Information about us
ukuleleclub.org is a site operated by Ukulele Club Amsterdam, we are a non-profit club based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Attending our events
During our events, photographs and video recordings may be made. By attending, you give permission for Ukulele Club Amsterdam to upload and feature this media on our website.
We also reserve the right to refuse admission or ask people to leave if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Prohibited content and usage
The following is a list of prohibited or illegal usage of our services. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate actions against anyone (in our sole discretion) violates these rules, including removing offending content and terminating their ukuleleclub.org membership.
Prohibited usage includes but is not limited to uploading, posting or otherwise making available or promote:
- any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, harm minors or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, pornography and “adult content”;
- any content that contains nudity, violence, pornography, “adult content” or contains links to any other web site with such materials
- any information that you know is false or misleading
- any content that promotes illegal or fraudulent activities
- any content that you do not have a right to make publicly available or promotes the illegal use of any work without rights or license;
- any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- any “junk”, “spam”, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” etc.;
- any material that contains software viruses, spyware, malware or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or other electronic equipment, steal or collect private information;
- any material that collects or contains personal information of other Users for any unlawful purpose or without the User’s permission
- any material that promotes pharmacy products (e.g. Viagra, Cialis) and encourage Users to visit online stores selling such products
- any material that promotes financial products (such as loans, credit cards, bank accounts) and encourage Users to visit websites offering such products
- any material that promote fraudulent services and misleads Users to visit legally doubtful websites.
Other prohibited usage includes:
- intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local or international law;
- collecting, storing or publishing available personal data about others without their acceptance;
- advertising to (or soliciting of) Users to buy or sell any product or services through direct communication provided by the services without their prior consent; this includes sending spam, junk messages or chain letters to other users via the private messages feature or any live connection
- covering or obscuring any of the advertisement boxes or toolbars via CSS style modification or any other technique;
- any automated use of the services that is not officially available; this includes reading, posting or changing any content, sending messages and any other such use; this does not include RSS feeds access
- interfering with any part of the services, exploiting possible bugs or security holes;
- mislead users by imitating any part of the services for collecting personal data or other unlawful purpose;
- using an identity (account, username, password) of another user or disclosing your own username or password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- transferring your profile (includes selling) to any third party;
- promoting objectionable content through the created sites (e.g. pharmacy products, financial products)
- massively promote particular ukuleleclub.org on other sites and services (forums, blogs, news sites hosted by ukuleleclub.org or other providers) for objectionable purposes (aka spamming)
- The use of custom CSS that hides, moves, covers, or otherwise interferes with the visibility, positioning and functionality of the top or bottom toolbar elements will be considered as prohibited usage.
Users can contact us to make sure that their intended use of ukuleleclub.org does not violate the Terms.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from our site
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Dutch courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our site.